Caithness Wards' Discretionary Budget Awards
28th September 2009
A number of local groups have recently benefited from grants awarded from The Highland Council's Thurso, Wick and Landward Caithness Wards' Discretionary budgets. They are: -
* Caithness Voluntary Group - Rural Transport were awarded £3,600 towards the costs of purchasing a new minibus.
* Caithness Disability Sports were awarded £1,000 towards the costs of attending the Special Olympics in Leicester.
* Caithness United Football Club was awarded £500 towards costs in attending a tournament in Orkney.
* Thurso Sea Cadet Unit have been awarded £2,500 to assist with reroofing costs of the units building.
* DATEC Retirement Group was awarded £1,000 towards costs associated with the continuation of their courses at Thurso College.
* Thurso CCTV Group was awarded £5,000 towards the upgrading of the present system.
* Thurso Town Improvements Association was awarded £3,706 towards play equipment for the Beach Road Play Park.
*Dunnet & Canisbay Community Council were awarded £1,000 towards the improvements to the car park at the Broch Centre at Auckengill.
Each of the three council wards in Caithness is allocated an annual discretionary budget of £59,659
Details on how to apply to the discretionary budgets can be found on the Councils internet site http://www.highland.gov.uk/yourcouncil/yourward/