Highlands Businesses Invited To Get Green Vision At Free Event
12th April 2017
Companies throughout the Scottish Highlands are invited to learn from Scotland's leading green business champions at a series of special events to celebrate today's (Wednesday 12th April) launch 2017 VIBES Awards. This year marks the 18th anniversary of the awards and will also see the unveiling of a new name, VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards.
The free local events on the morning and afternoon of the 27th April will provide businesses with the opportunity to hear directly from previous award champions. The first event will be held from 11-1pm at The Lime Tree in Fort William and will feature talks from 2016 winner Glenuig Inn as well Lochaber Chamber of Commerce. The event in the afternoon will be held from 4-6pm at Highlands and Islands Enterprise offices and features talks from 2016 finalist Aurora Sustainability and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
The Awards recognise and reward companies employing environmental best practice in their daily activity to cut down on resource use, increase sustainability, improve reputation, enhance competitiveness, support wider sustainable developments and benefit their company’s bottom-line. The awards are free to enter and are open to businesses of all sizes and sectors.
Commenting on the awards, Steve Macfarlane, Director, Glenuig Inn, said: "Winning the Micro Business Award was a great achievement and a real testament to the hard work of everyone involved. The awards are a fantastic way for businesses to get recognition for the steps they are taking to benefit the environment as part of achieving their overall business objectives.
"We would encourage any business thinking about entering the awards to do so, the opportunities it offers are fantastic and having the chance to measure yourself and learn from other businesses is hugely worthwhile. We are very much looking forward to the 2017 Awards."
Entries for the awards are open from Wednesday 12th April and as well as a new name, award organisers have launched a simplified application process. Businesses have until 5pm on Friday 26th May to submit their one page entry form.
VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards is a strategic partnership between Scottish Environment Protection Agency, Scottish Government, Scottish Water, Scottish Enterprise, Highland and Islands Enterprise, Zero Waste Scotland, Energy Saving Trust and Scotland’s 2020 Climate Group. The Awards are further supported by CBI Scotland, the Institute of Directors, the Federation of Small Businesses, Bright Green Business and Quality Scotland.
To attend the event, please register through Eventbrite www.vibesawards.eventbrite.co.uk or email: email@example.com
For more information on VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards, please visit www.vibes.org.uk.
The VIBES - Scottish Environment Business Awards launch events include:
· 12th April - Edinburgh: from 4-6pm at Edinburgh International Conference Centre (EICC) (The Exchange,150 Morrison St, Edinburgh EH3 8EE)
Speakers - Edinburgh International Conference Centre and Edinburgh Leisure
· 18th April – Glasgow: from 5-7pm at Jacobs (95 Bothwell Street, Glasgow, G2 7HX)
Speakers – Jacobs and CMS Window Systems
· 19th April –Ayr: from 4-6pm at Albion Environmental (Damside, Ayr KA8 8ER)
Speakers - Albion Environmental and Veracity UK Ltd
· 20th April – Perthshire: from 4-6pm at Comrie Croft (Braincroft, Crieff PH7 4JZ)
Speakers – Comrie Croft and Jessie Macs’
· 20th April – Scottish Borders: from 3-5pm at Emtelle (Haughhead, Hawick TD9 8LF)
Speakers: Emtelle, Marlin Industries Scotland Ltd
· 25th April – Stirling: from 4-6pm at Stirling University Innovation Park (Stirling FK9 4NF)
Speakers - Stirling University Innovation Park and Webhelp UK
· 27th April – Fort William: from 11-1pm host Lochaber Chamber of Commerce at The Lime Tree (The Old Manse, Achintore Road, Fort William, PH33 6RQ)
Speakers - Lochaber Chamber of Commerce and Glenuig Inn
· 27th April – Inverness: from 4-6pm at Highlands and Islands Enterprise (An Lòchran, Inverness Campus, Inverness IV2 5NB)
Speakers - Highlands and Islands Enterprise and Aurora Sustainability
· 4th May – Aberdeen: from 4-6pm at Scarf (1 Cotton Street Aberdeen, AB11 5EE)
Speakers - Scarf and Aberdeen Heat and Power