A Workshop For Businesses About The Mod 2010 Opportunities
22nd April 2010
Welcoming the Caithness Mòd 2010 - A'cur fàilte air Mòd Ghallaibh, 2010
a workshop for accommodation providers, retailers,
catering establishments and visitor attractions
Thursday 29 April at 6.00pm Caithness Horizons, Thurso
Friday 30 April at 10.00am Mackays Hotel, Wick
This year between 8-16 October Caithness will welcome the Caithness Mòd 2010 - Mòd Ghallaibh. The Mòd is Scotland's second-biggest festival and is a competition-based festival, for children and adults, that celebrates the Gaelic language through music, dance, drama, arts and literature. It attracts competitors and visitors from throughout the UK, Wales, Ireland, Australia, Canada and the USA. In Caithness this year the main hubs for the events will be Thurso and Wick and it is hoped that the 2010 Mòd will leave a lasting legacy in terms of tourism and culture in the area.
So how can you as a retailer, hotelier, restaurateur, visitor attraction or any other business welcome these 10,000 visitors to our area? The most recent report into the economic impact to an area hosting the Mòd is Falkirk in 2008 where the 6000 visitors generated £1.5 million of direct economic benefit. In October this year you may well find yourself packed to capacity. So are you prepared?
The Workshop/ Na Bùthan Obrach
At this workshop brought to you by Caithness Chamber of Commerce and North Highland Tourism, you will have the opportunity to:
· Discover all about the Caithness Mòd and the Mòd fringe events
· Understand how the event works and what positive impact it could have on your business
· Learn from VisitScotland and EventScotland about how other areas have welcomed in large events to their areas and lessons to be learned and best practice that worked
· Discover more about North Highlands food and drink producers and how their products can be incorporated into your menus to provide authentic North Highlands cuisine
· Find out how Business Gateway can help you maximise the opportunity that the Mòd provides
· Network with colleagues from tourism related organisations that can help you promote your visitor offering and special events you may host for the Mòd
A full agenda is available here / Gheibhear tuilleadh fiosrachaidh air na seòlaidhean a leanas:
Places for these event are limited so please reserve yours today by contacting Caithness Chamber of Commerce at info[AT]caithnesschamber.com or by telephoning 01847 896508.
I look forward to welcoming you what I hope you will find an interesting event. / Bidh fàilte chridheil roimheabh agus tha mi an dòchas gun cord e ribh.
Yours sincerely / Le gach dùrachd
Marketing and membership manager
North Highland Tourism
P.S. Please bring your organisation's leaflets and business cards along so you can join in out Leaflet swap
The Caithness Mod 2010 web site www.caithnessmod2010.co.uk/