Do Your Employees Know How To Apply For Tax-free Childcare?
11th April 2019
There's a simple step by step guide parents can use if they want to apply for Tax-Free.
Childcare, at www.gov.uk/get-tax-free-childcare
It tells them:
• how to find out the childcare support option that's best for them
• how to check if they're eligible for Tax-Free Childcare
• how to apply for Tax-Free Childcare.
If their application is successful they will get an online childcare account, where they can:
• select a childcare provider
• pay money into their account and receive the government ‘top-up'
• pay their childcare provider
They will need to reconfirm (every 3 months) to check they’re still eligible for Tax-Free Childcare.
You don’t need to do anything, but telling your employees about the step by step guide and where to find it may help them with their childcare costs.