Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  


Handyperson Services

Photograph of Handyperson ServicesHandyperson
Are you aged over 65 or living with a disability?

Do you need a Handyperson to help with minor repairs at home?

If the answer to the above questions are yes, read on...

What do we do?
Your local Handyperson Service is a partnership between Pentland Housing Association and The Highland Council.

Together, we are here to help you with minor repairs around the home which you may find difficult if you are an older resident or have a disability.

Our Handyperson Service has been vetted by Disclosure Scotland and staff will be able to show you their identification badge when they knock on your door.

Who do we help?
The Handyperson Service is for people aged 65+ who have difficulties with carrying out small jobs around the house, and for people of any age with a disability.

Who much will it cost?
Our Handyperson is fully equipped with tools and will be ready to undertake your repair. We will only charge you for the materials the Handyperson uses to complete the agreed work. We will make no charge for the Handyperson's time or travel expenses.

How can we help you?
These are the kind of things the Handyperson could help you with. Please call us if your job is not listed and we will do our best to help you:

changing light bulbs and tap washers;
moving furniture within the house;
securing carpets;
securing trailing wires and flexes;
putting up shelves, bathroom cabinets and other small items of a similar nature;
taking down and putting up curtains/tracks;
unblocking sinks and baths;
replacing toilet seats, small areas of tiling, sealant around bath/sink;
fitting grap rails and handrails;
fitting and repairing of locks;
fitting smoke/carbon monoxide alarms; and
fitting chains and peepholes.

What else can we do?
We can fit "Aids to Daily Living" such as grab rails or other items to help keep people independent. We can also install some types of equipment if Social Work or NHS staff assess a need.

We can put you in touch with other agencies who can offer further assistance, for example, we have information on energy efficiency and on who to contact should your housing needs change in the future.

We can offer advice for people who need to arrange for their own tradesmen for larger repairs, and we can refer clients to Care & Repair for assistance with eligible larger repairs and adaptations.

Care & Repair is managed by Pentland Housing Association and can be contact directly on 01847 892507.

How do I apply?
Please contact:
Handyperson Services
Pentland Housing Association Ltd
37-39 Traill Street
KW14 8EG
Telephone: 01847 892507
Email: pha[AT]
For further information, please click on the link below to the Highland Council website:-

Highland Council Handyperson

01847 892507


Postal Address
Handyperson Services
Pentland Housing Association Ltd
37-39 Traill Street

KW14 8EG

If you contact this Business, please let them know, you found them in the Caithness Business Index