Is It Crunch Time For Car Parking? Special Meeting Of Environment, Development And Infrastructure Committee
20th October 2019
A special meeting of the Environment, Development and Infrastructure Committee of Highland council has been called for Thursday 24th October 2019 at 10.30am in council chambers in Inverness.
The only agenda item is off street parking but as of today (Sunday 20 October 2019) the paper has still to be published on the web page - https://bit.ly/33GiUBc
The Redesign Board of Highland council have already considered parking in great detail and paper was considered on 1 May 2019 and provides all the information that is possibly to be considered on Thursday 24th October 2019. See this paper Council Redesign: Review of Car Parking - https://www.highland.gov.uk/meetings/meeting/3971/re-design_of_the_highland_council_board
This is a highly detailed report and the chapters include -
Chapter 1 - Introduction
Chapter 2 - Car Parking Vision
Chapter 3 - Current Administration Process
Chapter 4 - Financial Management & Business Planning
Chapter 5 - Council's Parking Estate - Identifying Additional Parking Opportunities
Chapter 6 - Stakeholder & Staff Views
Chapter 7 – Parking Revenue & Commercialism Opportunities
Chapter 8 – Delivering On Localism
Chapter 9 – Recommended Pricing Strategies & Business Processes
Chapter 10 – Conclusions
This meeting will be filmed and broadcast over the Internet on the Highland Council website -
From the paper on 1 Mat 2019 -
Our Vision is that Parking should:
• Contribute significantly to good traffic management.
• Be a key component of the Council's strategy for integrated transport and active travel.
• Promote growth in the local economy.
• Provide opportunities that meet the aspirations of users.
• Allow key decisions to be taken locally.
• Ensure that good local data is available to decision-makers.
• Be based on transparent rules which are applied consistently and fairly across Highland.
• Ensure that parking revenue contributes to local infrastructure
improvement, including expansion of the parking estate and sustainable travel.
• Ensure that pricing strategies are adopted which differentiate the market and support behavioural change.
• Be delivered in a cost-effective way.