Candidates Confirmed for UK Parliamentary General Election 2019
15th November 2019
18 candidates are seeking election on Thursday 12 December 2019 for the three Highland UK Parliamentary general election constituencies.
Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross constituency has attracted 5 candidates; Ross, Skye and Lochaber constituency 7 candidates; and Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey constituency 6 candidates.
Candidates in each of the three constituencies are as follows:
Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross
- Cheryl Ann MCDONALD - Scottish Labour Party
- Karl Calder ROSIE - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Andrew David SINCLAIR - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Sandra SKINNER - Brexit Party
- Jamie Hume STONE - Scottish Liberal Democrats
Ross, Skye and Lochaber
- Gavin Ingo BERKENHEGER - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Kate BROWNLIE - Brexit Party
- Ian BLACKFORD - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Donald MacLeod BOYD - Scottish Christian Party "Proclaiming Christ's Lordship"
- John Robert ERSKINE - Scottish Labour Party
- Craig Thomas Alexander HARROW - Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Richard Crewe LUCAS – Scottish Family Party – Putting Families First
Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch and Strathspey
- Ariane Claire BURGESS – Scottish Green Party
- Les DURANCE – Brexit Party
- Fiona Gay FAWCETT - Scottish Conservative and Unionist
- Drew HENDRY - Scottish National Party (SNP)
- Robert Denis James RIXSON - Scottish Liberal Democrats
- Lewis Ian WHYTE - Scottish Labour Party
Registering to vote:
To vote in the 2019 election you must be aged 18 or over and your name must be on the electoral register. You can register to vote online at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote .
If you're already registered to vote and haven't moved since, you don't need to re-register. The registration deadline is midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
Anyone who would like more information on registering can get in touch with the:
Electoral Registration Officer,
16-18 Bank Street,
Inverness IV1 1QY
Phone: 0800 393783
Voting by post or by proxy:
In this election you can opt to vote in person, by proxy or by post. The deadline to apply for a new postal vote or a postal proxy application or to change an existing postal or proxy vote is Tuesday 26 November (5pm). The deadline date to apply for a proxy vote to appoint someone to vote on your behalf at a polling station is Wednesday 4 December (5pm). Forms can be downloaded from https://highland.gov.uk/hwi-vjb
Voting will take place on Thursday 12 December with polling stations across the Highlands open from 7am to 10pm. The votes will be counted overnight at Inverness Leisure, Bught Lane, Inverness.
Postal votes can also be handed in at any polling station in Highland between 7am and 10pm on polling day.
Further information on the UK Parliamentary election including statement of persons nominated in the three Highland constituencies can be viewed on the council's website https://www.highland.gov.uk